Wednesday, September 03, 2003

So it's been a pretty long labor day weekend. Jonathan touched up on it a bit but let's see.. FRIDAY morning, Jonathan and I headed to the new Ikea in Palo Alto to meet up with my aunt. It was pretty crazy and chaotic there. First of all, there were security people making us park at the wayyyyyyy back on top of the roof, second, everyone in Ikea had to evacuate due to a false fire alarm, so there were lots of people standing outside with Ikea bags. Lastly, the lines were "dmv" lines like Jonathan said. My aunt bought me all the new stuff for my room and just some stuff for my dorm. We had a chance to get our entire purchase for free, but the people behind us got the yellow pom pom.. eh well. After Ikea, Jonathan and I assembled a desk, a table, and some other "assembly required" stuff. Later that night, Jonathan and I headed to his cousin Raymond's party, and also his future apartment. We ate, played 13 with some people, then headed to Joel's for his little get together at his house. Jonathan and I watched people play circle of death, had some drinks, then went home. He stayed the night at my house because his parents were out of town, and my mom and step dad were getting ready to leave to LA.

SATURDAY morning we were up bright and early because Jonathan had work at 7am. After he left, I went back to sleep for a while then woke up about an hour later. My mom and step dad left for LA, so my sister and I just chilled at home. I rearranged my room then Jonathan picked us up and we went to Great Mall to drop off Joanne and her friends, and so I could buy a quick outfit for the twins' cotillion. The cotillion was adorable because it was a double cotillion at the Double Tree! Afterwards, we made some detours to check up on his sister, then we went back to my house and fell asleep in my sister's room.

SUNDAY, Jonathan, Leanna, and I ate cereal, then Jonathan cooked bacon for Leanna. His parents were expected to arrive, so he had to pick up his sis and spend quality time with them. Jonathan came back, but I was napping in my sister's room drooling away. Before I knew it, we were both sleeping. It was too late to go to church, so we watched cable and Jonathan went home. Finally my mother came home, but it was too late for me to go out.

MONDAY morning, I went to Ikea again with my mom, sister, and Jonathan, but the trip wasn't for me, it was for my sister because she needed new stuff for her room. It was 100 times more chaotic than when we went on friday.. it was almost impossible to walk everywhere, and the lines were even longer. Look at Jonathan's entry below for more details. But thanks again Jonathan for saving my mommy $80 with that 35% discount for having a student ID. We were there for about 3 or 4 hours. We all wanted to go home, but my sister needed stuff at Walmart, but we ended up staying longer because we did more room shopping. My mom bought Jonathan and I these $8 phones that have caller ID.. good deal. I thought our day was over, but NOOO, my mom wanted to pick my cousins up from ther aunts house because they were home alone, and their parents were stuck in LA traffic, so in my mom's Montero, there was her, my sister and skinny cousin in the front passenger seat, then me, Jonathan, Ashley, Charlie, and Charlette in the back because the trunk area was packed from the Ikea and Walmart stuff. Home Sweet Home finally, and Jonathan just went back to his house because he was tired. My cousins, sister, and I spent the rest of the night assembling desks, drawers, stools, tables, lights, etc. It was pretty fun, some quality family bonding time. They finally left, and I went straight to bed right after I talked to Jonathan for a bit on the phone. But I had some killer cramps that stopped me from sleeping.

Today I got my rag, but on a happier note, Jonathan and I have officially been back together for 6 months! I love you bubby! haha. So I spent the entire day rearranging my room and my sister's room. Jonathan came by during his 3 hour gap because I begged him too. We got some Taco Bell for me, hung out for a while, then I dropped him off at school because parking there sucks. I headed to cotillion practice and 14 or more people were there! A big surprise! Jonathan got a ride to Lisa's from his friend and we learned more for swing.. it's so fun! We had dinner.. went back to my house and I cleaned up my room while Jonathan fiddled with the wireless DSL, then Jonathan, Leanna, and I watched our bootleg copy of "Freddy vs. Jason: which is pretty good. Now I must call my bubby before he falls asleep or starts playing cs.

No comments: