Thursday, September 25, 2003

Welcome to the Hampton Inn & SuitesJonathan. Yeah I know this is like the gazillionth time I've blogged today, but dam, I only had ONE class today, I have NO hw, Jonathan's at work, and so this college girl has A LOT of free time on her hands (for now). So anyway, that's my lovely boyfriend. I wanted to blog about him because ever since I've moved here (last week), I've made a lot of realizations. I've observed many different couples in my lifetime, and I've also been in other relationships other than this one. I can honestly say that this is the REALEST one, and I guess the only REAL one, because come on now, the other ones were like bopper bops. Anyway, it still gets to me at times when I think about our history... and dam, we have LOTS of history. Sher and I are listening to slow jams and one of the tracks was "I don't wanna go on" by Innerlude, and I remembered dancing with Jonathan to the song in 7th grade. That was freakin 6 years ago! Not a lot of couples can say that. The fact that we broke up for almost 2 years gets to me sometimes, but I think during that time, we both grew up and appreciated each other even more. We both admitted to each other that even though we were in other relationships, the vision of "us" would come often. But now that we're back together, things have been GREAT. YES, we fight here and there, and YES, I MAY boss him around, but that's how our relationship works. But no one ever sees Jonathan's bad side because he's an all around great guy, but I have. So I'm not always the "bad guy" in this relationship. It's weird having this feeling for someone. I had these feelings for Jonathan when we were together at the end of middle school/beginning of highschool, but it was because he was my first boyfriend. It felt weird being with him for such a long time at such a young age because I freakin hit the jackpot the first try.. so I guess that's why I doubted us. But now, no more doubts. I appreciate him so much because I know for a fact that there is no other guy in the world who would treat me the way he treats me. He treats me like a princess (like how all girls deserve to be treated) and he's there for me when I need him. We know each other from the inside out--from favorite colors to the way we eat our food. We're so damn comfortable with each other that even though I look like crap sometimes (i.e. just getting out of bed), I know he'll still give me a hug. It's been hard not seeing him as a routine, but we're both managing. We talk on the phone everyday (and online), so it's still the same. I can't wait to see him tomorrow because he's picking me up from school and is taking me home to San Jose. That's another thing about Jonathan, he'll drive anywhere for anyone, especially me. He's not shady at all.. not even about gas, and I know that I can be shady with gas, because damn, that crap is expensive. But not my Jonathan. The only thing he complains about is his dirty glasses that I have to clean once in a while, but that's it. When he's dead tired, and I am in need of a ride home, he'll get up (grumpy) and take me home. Another thing I find quite amazing is that ever since we've been back together, I've never once paid for a movie.. well maybe once or twice when ATMs aren't accepted. He opens doors for me and walks me to my door after going out (well after some training). But all the materialistic stuff doesn't really matter, I just love him. I love the way he holds his fork to the way he plays the piano, from the way he gels his hair to the movement he does when he has a wedgie, from the way he puts his head on top of mine when we hug to the way he plays chess with my sister, from the way he farts after taking weight gainer to the way he sings along to john mayer songs in the car, from the way he plays counterstike to the way he uses his Axe body spray, from the comfortable way he picks my nose to the way he "works out", from the way he drools when he sleeps to the way he holds my hand, from the way he puts FINESS conditioner on his nothing hair to the way he moves around when he's hungry, from the way he laughs at me when I yell at him to the way he TRIES to get mad me. I can go on forever about him because he truly is the love of my life. He puts up with SO MUCH from me and I am sooooooooooooooo thankful for him. He's my best friend and my boyfriend. YES, I may comment on "hot boys" here and there, but no one could ever replace my Jonathan. He's never given me a reason to not trust him. He knows my deepest secrets and my pet peeves. I never have to worry about him judging me because he never has (since the first day we met when I was in 1st grade). We hardly ever say "I love you" to each other, but every time I hear it, it feels like the first time I heard those words from him. The tingly warm feeling and the butterflies still haven't gone away, and I hope they never will. I don't want to say that I'm going to be with him forever because A LOT can change from now until forever, but I know I wouldn't mind at all. But for now, I am COMPLETELY happy, and he's never given me a reason not to be. I love you Jonathan, you NOSEPICKER! I'm not trying to brag about my wonderful Jonathan, but I am and he is. If you've never been in one of these relationships, then you probably think I'm stupid.. eh well.

No comments: