Monday, September 08, 2003

I found this a few weeks ago when I was cleaning my room. It brought back a lot of memories. It was written sophomore year on April 9, 2001.. also the same year Jonathan and I broke up for good. The assignment was to write down random words that popped into mind first then choose 50 to write a poem with just those words. I love this poem because it sums up our relationship and our break up and the way I still felt about him afterwards. I dunno, you enjoy.

FLAME
tender lips, soft eyes
sun, stars, night skies

blue tears, pink hearts
me, you drifted a p a r t

exhilarating smile
very long while

tangible touch
just enough

eternal promise always, broken
somber words quietly spoken

lost hope, compassion
first love, no real reason

love, lonelieness, life
angel of mine
orange conflagration

No comments: