Sunday, September 21, 2003

Earlier today when my mom called, I cried to her telling her about how dumb some of the people are here. I told her how much I hated being on my own.. and she basically told me to suck it up because it's almost the real world. But seriously, some of the people here still think they're in highschool. But as the day went by, things got SOOOO MUCH BETTER. All of the people on our floor finally moved in today, so it's not so lonely and the people are really nice. We kept our door open and they walked in and introduced themselves.. pretty cool. Sher and I did some shopping at the Bookstore then went back to our dorm. We were getting fed up with the maintenence people not answering their phone because we still needed my ethernet plug to be fixed--so we fixed it ourselves. We went to our neighbors and got a screw driver and we fixed it! So now the both of us can go online at the same time.

We just got back from Slug Fest.. the first gathering for all the UCSC students. It was kinda boring at first, but then it turned out pretty fun. We ate, danced, drank water, and watched other people make fools out of themselves. A lot of sorority girls were trying to get us interested.. we'll see about that. We met LOTS of new people who actually stayed and had conversations with us.. blah blah blah.. I'm tired now so I'm gonna call my lovely boyfriend before I go to bed.

No comments: