Monday, September 15, 2003

Last weekend update of the summer.
Jonathan and I made yet another voyage on Friday to Ikea so he could buy stuff for his apartment. Afterwards, we made our usual trip to McDonald's after shopping at Ikea and went back to his place. We assembled that desk of his which took a lot of hard work, but we did it! Later that night, I picked up Sheila and the both of us went to Applebees for Diana's goodbye dinner. There were lots of people and not a lot of seating available, but everything turned out fine. Diana, Sherilyn, Sheila, Henessey, Eileen, and I stayed outside of Applebees for 2 hours just talking and catching up. It felt like the old times we had at ND just laughing until our tummies hurt and not caring how loud we were. I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME in SLO DIANA! I LOVE YOU!

Saturday morning I had cotillion practice. Right when I arrived, there was a little workshop going on. We were making placecards for Lisa's cotillion.. really intricate and detailed placecards. So a few of us in the court had to trace 120 paper dresses, shoes and silver rectangles, 240 paper placecards, and 84 tiaras.. then we had to cut EACH and EVERY one out.. then came the gluing, more cutting, and the best part, the glitter! I wish I had a picture of the placecards, but if you're lucky enough to be invited, then you'll see them. We managed to make all 240 placecards and FINISH them.. now that's skill. We practiced some chacha and swing.. but it was mostly "workshop" time. I went back home and Jonathan picked me up right when he got out of work. We ran some errands and headed to Michael's 21st birthday party (happy birthday mike). We sat outside the entire time and just talked with people.. doesn't sound that exciting but I had fun. Then Jonathan, Joel, and I went back to Lisa's house to meet up with Lisa, Chris, Mike I, and Angie before watching "Cabin Fever". It was a very disturbing movie, but it was good I guess.

I ran more errands with Jonathan on Sunday, but we went to church. We planned to go to Mercado and watch a movie, but instead we rented some movies and watched them back at my house.

Today I called Sheila right when I woke up (happy 18th birthday sheee shee!) then forced Jonathan out of bed. We had plans to eat breakfast at IHOP since we haven't done that in a while, but it was 1pm by the time he picked me up so we ate SUSHI! Surprisingly, I didn't eat as much sushi as I usually would, but then I got a lot of extra things like salad, soup, and mochi ice cream. After that Jonathan wanted to go to the Guitar Center.. the way he looks at the guitars and the way he plays is so adorable that I wish I had a million dollars so I could buy him every single guitar he wanted. Later that night, we went back to his apartment because of this CutCo presentation. His cousin/roommate Raymon spent $150 on knives.. pretty crazy.. but those knives are pretty crazy. They're crazy because his other cousin/roommate cut himself somehow.. his fault but still looked pretty painful. I watched "Paradise Hotel" before leaving then my dearest, bubby brought me home. I talked to my OTHER dearest, Diana.. the college life is treating her well.

No comments: