Monday, June 23, 2003

CARMEL, CA
So another year went by, and I finally got to spend it with nosepicker! He lagged like hell (as always) but we finally made it to Carmel. First of all, it was pretty dam cold, but right when we got to the beach and put our things down, it began to warm up. When I laid down on our new Old Navy beach mat thing, I started to feel the sun even more and more. I had a blanket to cover me, but it absorbed all the heat from the sun, so I began to perspire. Jonathan and I discovered that the sand we were walking on made this weird ass noise when you walk on it on a certain way. We also dug a moat and Jonathan had many failed attempts at trying to build a sand castle (we bought new beach toys last night at Albertson's). Anyway, during our playtime in the sand, our stomachs started to growl, so we ate at this seafood place. When we got our food, there was one problem, we didn't have any forks. I tried to figure out how to eat my food without using a fork because I thought that it was some crazy Monterey tradition, but the waitor came with some forks after we requested them. When we were done, Jonathan forced me into an art gallery. He said that we might as well go into one since there were like 40 different ones. Oh yeah! Before we ate and stuff, we drove on Scenic Drive and looked at the scenery.. I don't know if this is when the "drama" happened, but I'll explain anyway. Well, as we were driving, I hear this "arrf arrrrrf arooohh" sound, I thought it was a sea lion or something, but it was in fact a poor doggy. This elderly woman who was in her late 70s accidentally hit this dude's dog with her car! She had the courtesy to stop her car and get out to see what happened, and this dude just runs picks up his dog, has this realllly dramatic look on his face and puts his doggy in the car. (The only reason why we're still there watching is because the elderly woman stopped her car in the middle of a 2 lane road.) The old white lady turns to the other white people behind her, and as they were all about to approach the man with the injured doggy, he drove away with the quickness! It was kind of funny watching.. the guy was so dam dramatic! it's like I'm sorry you let your dumb dog run around in the street just WAITING for it to get hit with a car. Anyway, the elderly woman gets back into her white benz and drives away crying! I felt so bad for her!

Okay so anyway... Jonathan and I go to a different beach because the water was bluer.. he called it "hawaii water" even though he hasn't seen hawaii water before. We ended up taking a nap.... but right before we fell asleep a seagull bit his toe! hahaha.. he got so scared! It was like wtf! kinda random becaue who would have thought that a seagull would bite his foot? I sure didn't. Anyway, we contined with our nap. I woke up to a cool breeze.. before I knew it, the breeze was no longer cool, it was nice and COLD! So we decided to end our day at the beach. When we were driving up Ocean Avenue, Jonathan sees a sign that says "Thai Cafe". He was craving some thai tea, so we go down and park. We were expecting one of those qcup or coffee lover places, but it was a sit down restaurant. We weren't even THINKING about food until we stepped foot into there. So we said what the heck and ate some more. So we were finally on our way home.. we listened to slow jams and NSYNC! It was a fun ride home, I always enjoy singing in the car with that weirdo.

Oh yeah.. until next year.. happy anniversary... in a way!

abcdefghijklisam: wow so long
me: i dont know if i should even count it
me: but then again, i dont know how to count our relationship
abcdefghijklisam: yeah count it that way
abcdefghijklisam: or you can subtract 2 years
abcdefghijklisam: cus werent you NOT together for 2 years
me: haha.. it doesnt sound as wow as 5 years though
me: but i can say 5 years off and on
me: cus in a way it is, we just had that biiiiiiig gap
abcdefghijklisam: yeahh
abcdefghijklisam: haha and you know you both still had feeligns
abcdefghijklisam: so who cares
abcdefghijklisam: count it

No comments: