Tuesday, January 21, 2003

THE FIRST TIME I FELT PAIN (written for Hansen because he needed a paragraph about pain)

The best relationship I have ever had was probably the most selfish relationship of all. Whenever I broke up with him, I never feared losing him because we would always get back together. One day, I decided that I was going to break it off for good because I just did not want to be in a relationship anymore. Three weeks later or so, to my surprise, we got back together. I broke up with him AGAIN a week after that. A few months went by, and I began to feel lonely. I thought, "Hey, I'll give him a call.. I know he misses me." Instead of calling him, I wrote him a letter saying how much I cared about him. When I read his response, I was shocked beyond reason. He was not completely over our 2 year relationship, but he did learn to move on. He said that he was enjoying life as it was, and he did not want to go through that same old cycle. He did not want me to hurt him again. His basic message was, "No, I do not want to get back with you." For the first time in my life, I felt pain. It was the pain that I caused him, which I caused myself, and I had no idea of what to do. He was the one who caused my pain, yet he was the only one who could make it better. Over time, I grew older and learned from this experience. Pain eventually healed and turned into something great.

No comments: