Saturday, July 19, 2003

I hate using dial-up connection! It's so slowwww... just a few more days though.. our DSL got disconnected because we're getting wireless DSL on monday, so I guess it's worth the wait.

I had yet another crappy Thursday. It's amazing how you can wake up in a glorious mood, but one person can turn it all around. I went driving around for a while to think and stuff.. then later I went to get a manicure and a pedicure with my grandma because I needed to relax. It helped a little, but my mood still wasn't so great. I went with Mariel to the Marriott for our last cotillion practice.. and by far the longest practice ever (7-1030). We finished LEARNING the rest of the waltz and tried to perfect the chacha. I felt so rushed. Later that night, Jonathan comes by with 23 freshly baked double chocolate cookies after he got out of work. It made me happy, but not completely for some reason. Nevertheless, I still love him.

Yesterday was the BIG day that we all have been anticipating since practices started in June. I woke up early because I couldn't sleep.. for fear of falling asleep and then oversleeping. I went to Sheila's and she did my hair.. then Danielle picked me up and we went to the Marriott. All the girls were frantically doing hair and makeup in one of the rooms while the boys were running around getting ready too. Unsurprisingly, my partner and company arrived late. We practiced waltz and chacha once we were all ready on the dancefloor... and my feet hurt sooo much because my shoes were too big for me and the straps were falling off and blah blah blah. Finally people started to arrive and I was excited because I haven't seen everybody in such a long time. Lots of ND alumni, it felt like a reunion. So we did waltz.. lots of mistakes, but we laughed it off so it was a-ok.. I think? haha.. later we surprised the guests with the chacha that went smoothly, well for me at least. I didn't any mikstakes unlike the waltz.. I made 90229045 mistakes during the waltz. So there was some dancing dancing after the program was over. My mother and sis left early so I hung out with my nerd for the rest of the night. I currently abhor closets and beds. My feet still hurt too. But all in all.. the night was great!

No comments: