Sunday, May 04, 2003

PROM
Although there was only ONE person out of TEN who attended St Lawrence Academy at our table at the St Lawrence prom, I had so much fun. Maybe because it was my first prom.. well it wasn't my FIRST prom, but it was my first prom with Jonathan, so that's what made it more special. The thought about how it was barely my first prom with him got me a little saddened because I started to think about that two year gap we spent broken up.. that led me to think about all the good times we could have spent together. I missed so many of the "important stuff" in his life, even though I wished sooo many times I could be a part of it.. or even just a LITTLE part of his life again. But at least I have him now, and I guess that's all that matters. There's really no need in thinking about the past because there is no way to get it back. Anyway, so I guess last night's Pre-Prom got me excited for my LAST prom. Senior Prom to be exact. This is the night that every girl dreams of. That, and their wedding.. and that's it, no lie. Well at least for me.

It's funny how things work out. I mean, I never thought that Jonathan and I would ever happen again, but it did. I remember those winterball/prom days when people would worry about who they were taking. So many times I wished to take him, but I never got the courage to do anything. I just told myself and all of my friends that I was going to take him to my senior prom no matter what. I'm so happy that I'm ending my highschool date dance career with the boy who gave me my first corsage, and soon to be the boy who will be giving me my very [pretty, expensive, HUGE] last corsage.

No comments: