Saturday, May 17, 2003

SPRING GALA 2003: Downtown Colors
So Thursday was our dress rehearsal, and yesterday was the fashion show itself. Dress rehearsal exhausted me so much! It kinda reminded me of PCN dress rehearsal, but anyway... It was fun watching all the segments. Our girls are so beautiful! All the colored lights, the funky music, and the pure white runway. Yesterday was the big day, and all us gals had to be there at 9am to get our hair and makeup done. I was getting pretty pissed because they kept making me wait.. then they told me to go back and they'd get me.. and when they got me, they made me wait again. First I got my makeup done, and the girl did it in 5 minutes.. it's like uhh thanks. I didn't think she did a good job. I loved my hair though.. but I got a freakin backache. I was sitting in the chair for about an hour while the girl curled every bit of my hair, and I couldn't lean back because my hair was too long. Then, another lady put half of it up with curls and knots and twists, which took another hour of not leaning back, because they didn't want me to lean on my curls. It turned out great though. I didn't get to watch the show itself, but I had lots of fun. I was in 3 segments. My first segment was "Racing San Jose Style" where we modeled Fox Racing Gear. John, Tina, Michael, and I all walked out together in our hardcore motorcycle gear. Before we went out, and all during rehearsal, the director of the show told us NOT to smile because this was a serious segment. Do you know how hard it is!! dam.. I tried to hold in my smiles during the real show.... when I was walking back, I let out a big smile and laughed. My second segment was "Sundays at St. Joseph's" where we modeled blue/white outfits from Macy's. That was alright, nothing too significant. The 3rd segment was the Father/Daughter one, which all the girls were in, but Tina and I walked together because our dads weren't in it. That was cool.. then the finale, which everyone was in. The lunch show felt like a run through for me, and the night show felt like the real thing. I had so much fun doing it! All you juniors this year, do the ND Spring Gala Fashion Show next year!

No comments: