Monday, March 01, 2004

To Mister Jonathan. So it's been a year since Jonathan and I have been back together.. well it's probably been more than that because we acted like a couple before he "officially" asked me back and wanted to give US another try. I don't really want to call tomorrow (march 2nd) our one year anniversary because.. I dunno, I just don't.. and I really can't because we've got a long past behind that. It doesn't really matter either because it's the QUALITY of the time we spent together during this year and not the quantity at all. But for all of you who don't know Jonathan, you have to know that he's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me... and it took me 2 years of not being with him and 1 year of not speaking/seeing him at all to realize that. My mom and aunt were having a conversation the other night about him, and my aunt asked my mom if there was ANYTHING about Jonathan that she didn't like. And after thinking about the question, my mom said, "hmm.. actually.. I love everything about him". Just like me, my mom sees all the goodness that is in this boy. My GRANDPA even loves him.. and for all of you who know my grandpa, you know he's one hardcore thug.. well not a hardcore thug, but you know.. goodness. It takes A LOT for my grandpa to like you.. he STILL doesn't completely approve the spouses that all of his children have chosen to marry and have kids with.. but he approves of Jonathan. So I'm taking that as a green light.

I'm grateful for everything Jonathan has done for me. I still remember the day I talked to Jonathan for the first time when I was only 7 years old. I don't think we ever formally introduced ourselves to each other. We just automatically knew each other because we both went to MHT. i stll remember Jonathan being my FIRST CRUSH EVER when I was just 12 years old (in 6th grade). I was always picky with boys and I NEVER liked any of the boys in my class (no offense Jeremy and Hansen).. even when people were getting with each other left and right. But yeah, I don't forget the day I was eye-ing him from the girls' bathroom when one of his friends were telling me that I would look cute with him. I don't regret saying "yes" to Jonathan when he asked meto dance with him for the first time when I was 12 (but in 7th grade this time) even though there was 2 to 3 feet in between us. I even remember the song we danced to (I Care 'Bout You) and I STILL get goosebumps everytime I hear it. I even remember Joel singing it to us as we danced. I forgive Lisa for not telling me Jonathan secrets when I was 13 because apparently, she had some inside news about who Jonathan was jockin. I remember waiting for Jonathan to sign on his sn "DeFsQuAdJ".. and then it took me 10-30 minutes to just think of an excuse to IM him from my sn "PnAyJOoLeZ".. but I remember we would chat for hours and hours. The biggest excuse I used to talk to him was to help me with my old webpage with Lisa (http://www.angelfire/com/dErEaLmGeNeRaTiOn2). I wish he asked me to dance again on valentine's day, but he made up for it on my birthday. I still remember the feeling I felt when Jonathan called my pager/voicemail to wish me a happy 13th birthday.. but I wish I forgot the feeling I felt when he threw down my birthday invitation when one of my friends was trying to give it to him.. I guess he was just trying to be cool in front of his friends. But he made up for it when he called me with Joel on the line to say happy birthday not over a voicemail... and I still laugh about the prank calls and prank voicemail calls I used to get from Jonathan. He used to leave the songs "Sending My Love" by Born Jamericans and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Lauryn Hill on my voicemails as hints that he liked me. Oh yeah, and he used to prank page me too. I still remember his 8th grade graduation dance when someone pulled my wrist to go dance with him. The room seemed to split in 2 leaving a path for the both of us to walk to each other.. really, I felt that way. I wish we danced longer, but I was only in 7th grade and I wasn't allowed! I still remember our end of the year field trip to Raging Waters and staring at him the ENTIRE day.. good thing the day ended with a phone call from him and we FINALLY expressed our feelings for one another. Well not really, we just knew. I remember we talked for hoursss and I remember being on my bed just listening to music with him and debating about stuff and just having a good time. I remember the day and time he asked me to FINALLY be his girlfriend (june 23, 1998 at 12:20am). I remember our first of many dates to Mercado. I remember the first time we kissed. I can still feel the butterflies and my knees getting weak and my breath being taken away by him.. and it was just a PECK too. Can you imagine how I felt when we kissed kissed for the first time? I remember our first Christmas together.. he came over with his mom and he brought me some freshly baked cookies that he made himself... and he can STILL bake greaaaaaaaaat cookies. I remember him being there for me when my parents were getting a divorce.. he stayed by my side and didn't judge me. He was the very first person I told EVERYTHING to.. about my family.. about me.. about my crazy life. He was there for me when I was moving onto high school. I remember our first winter ball.. and our second.. and our second valentine's day when he gave me a CD and all the girls at school were like wowww. I try not to remember our times of trouble when we were on the verge of breaking up.. it still breaks my heart when I think about it. But we both don't regret the time we spent away from each other, because every day we were without each other, we gained more appreciation and we realized that we did find love when we were only 13/14. The thing is that we met too young. But I remember when we started talking again when I was 17 and about to be a senior in high school. All the feelings I had for him came rushing back to me and it felt like he never left my side. I remember how nervous I felt when I brought him a valentine's day surprise at work.. that same night, we had another talk that lasted for hoursssss and I gave him a hug and the feeling I felt when I had Jonathan in my arms was the greatest feeling I ever felt. Even if we didn't bring up the subject about "us", I felt the love he felt for me, and I know he felt the same love back. I remember him breaking one of my favorite headbands, so he rushed to Claire's and bought me two more. I remembered our history. I realized that I was given another chance to have my Jonathan back in my life.. and I took that chance. Every day that we are together, we are taking a chance. It's not a guarantee that we're going to be together forever, but taking a chance on Jonathan is worth it all. Getting my heart broken when I was only 15 by Jonathan was worth all the great times we have spent together. I remember our SECOND first date eating sushi in downtown San Jose. I remember the night he told me that he wanted to start from where we left off and I remember the 23 chocolate chip cookies he brought with him. So anyway, my point is that this year with Jonathan was 10 times more memorable and more meaningful than all of those other years. It's because we both realized the meaning of actually loving a person. We don't tell each other that we love each other on a daily basis, but when we do, it feels like the first time he ever said those words to me and meant it. My Jonathan is the greatest there is. I don't even have to brag about him because everyone that matters to me thinks he's great too.

So anyway, CHEERS to you, Jonathan. I love you and thank you for a wonderful year of love from you.

p.s. at this rate, we're going to beat our record of 2 and a half years in no time =)

No comments: