Thursday, March 11, 2004

Patience is the key.
Soooo I've been stressing out on this stupid hotel business for our trip to New York for the past few days. I thought we had it all figured out when Jonathan finalized the reservations today at Double Tree Times Square, but noo, it's only a 3 star hotel, and some people were just not satisfied. Blah.. I hate how money gets in the way of everything. I mean, Jonathan, Jeremy, and I could pay however much Hansen wanted us to, it's just we worked for that money, and we want to spend it on something practical. We don't want to pay hella money to just SLEEP for 2 nights. If we asked our mommys and daddys to pay for everything.. then yeah, we wouldn't have a problem, but we're so old now.. like seriously, I realized a long time ago that I couldn't live off of my mom forever.. and it's ME out of all people who realized that. I mean, our parents are always willing to pay for our shit, but we just don't want that anymore. It's time to grow up. ANYWAY, back to what I wanted to write about: PATIENCE. Thank goodness I didn't lose my cool.. and good things happen to people who don't lose their cool.. well that's what I think. So now, Jonathan, Jeremy, Nate, and I will not be paying the million dollars they are paying, even though we're staying in the same exact hotel, but in different hotel rooms. Let's just say we're good with negotiation, and I would like to thank the W New York Times Square staff for being good with us. Hansen is lucky that I love him, otherwise, I would be throwing one of my famous tantrums at him right now. I'm going to be nice for Hansen.. ok the end.

p.s. it's not really a million dollars, I just like to exaggerate. Maybe when I'm older and a CEO of a company, I won't care about spending whatever money on 5 star hotels, but for now, since I'm only 18 (19 in 9 days!!!), I don't care about being ghetto and negotiating prices and looking out for special promotions.

This just in.
Jonathan booked more reservations! Our destination: Monterey, Ca. Yeah, it's not really anywhere "special" or out of the ordinary because we can go there anytime.. but who cares. It'll just be us.. spending the night on April 1st, then spending the next day all day at the beach. Something else to look forward to, I love you boyfriend! Oh yeah, the cute guy came into our dorm today bc his internet wasn't working, so he had to use ours to finish hw or whatever. I asked him about the whole dancing thing in my human sexuality class yesterday.. he laughed and looked embarassed then continued to use my laptop.

No comments: