Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Back from Washington DC and New York. Twas fun with Jonathan, Jeremy, Hansen, Iliana, Ces, Narciso, and Nate.

Wednesday night we left Oakland at 1120pm and arrived Thursday at 715am Washington DC time. At the oakland airport, Jonathan and I found a Ukelele and watched Friends to kill time. The plane ride was regular.. I slept for about 2 out of 6 hours. Hansen picked us up about an hour late at DC.. and I was tired as hell. We checked into the hotel, got some beauty rest, auntie Delia picked us up, took us to The Catholic University of America to pick up Hansen, visited the church there (very beautiful), then went sight seeing. We saw the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, that really tall building (I forgot the name), Vietnam War Memorial, and also stopped at the Union Train Station to eat lunch at Johnny Rockets. We did some more sight seeing, then later that night, Hansen's parents treated us out to dinner at Rio Grande, this mexican restaurant kinda like Chevy's. They told the waitors that it was my birthday, so they brought me some flaun with a candle in it and sang happy birthday really loud. Jer started getting all loud, so by the end of the song, the entire restaurant sang along.. it was great. After that we all went back to the hotel to rest some more, but we got bored, so we joined Hansen when he was dropping Iliana off at their dorms. We just hung out there until we were tired. Lisa called me right at 12am (eastern time) to greet me, even though it was only 9pm here. It felt kinda cool to be turning 19 3 hours earlier. Ok anyway, we went back to the hotel and slept.

Friday morning (my birthday!), I woke up at around 430am because we had a bus ride to New York at 645am, but it took 30 minutes to get there and we had to be there 30 minutes early. Anyway, after the taxi ride, and the longgg cold wait for the stupid bus.. it gets there. Nate was having a problem with his ticket bc he forgot to print it out, and blah blah I'm just too lazy to type out what happened. So we left Washington DC at 7am and arrived in NYC at about 1030. The ride was pretty quick, Jonathan and I slept most of the time. So we get dropped off, and from where we were standing, we were able to see our hotel, The W.. so the boys assumed it was close.. but noooo.. it was hella freakin far to walk! I felt bad because Jonathan was carrying my biiiiiiiiig suitcase and it was just a pain bc it didn't have that pully bar thing. So we check into the hotel, then walk around Times Square. We saw the TRL window, so the first thing we wanted to do was try and get tickets into the studio! But they told us that they were in Cancun for spring break.. they said if we had gone the day before, we would have gotten tickets.. shucks. So we just go to the MTV store, go more sight seeing, eat real quick at McDonald's where Jonathan takes a shit, and this longgggg as line starts forming behind him, do more sight seeing and picture taking and souvenir shopping, go to the BIGGEST TOYS R US IN AMERICA and ride the ferris wheel there (yes, there is a ferris wheel INSIDE of the store) and a man showed Jonathan and I this card trick with an invisible deck, then rest at the hotel until Hansen and co arrive. Hanen shows us NBC studios then we go to the Rockefeller center. We eat dinner there at The Sea Grill.. it was good food.. but not what I expected especially since it was really expensive. From where we were sitting, we watched tourists ice skate in front of us. At the end of the dinner, we ordered dessert, but they didn't have any of what we wanted left, so as we were about to leave, they bring 2 complentary cheesecakes and a chocolate souffle for me with a candle in it again! So we were all supposed to go ice skating after dinner, but it was too late already, so we just watched Nate and Jeremy ice skate. Hmm.. I forgot what we did after that.. I think I just went to bed. Oh yeah, then I got out of bed because the boys decided that they wanted to work out, so I just girl talked with Ces and Iliana until they came back.

Saturday morning I woke up at 8am because we all agreed to be ready by 10am so we could go out.. but noooo.. Hansen and everyone in his room didn't wake up til 10am so they said they'd be ready by 12.. but noooo.. they ended up waking up at 12, so I said nm and went around town with Jonathan and Jeremy. Finally, they meet up with us at 2pm.. we wait for them to eat until 3. So we go onto the tour bus that takes us all around NYC.. it was veryyyyy cold. But I got to see the big Macy's, the empire state building, and that's all I remember from the tour because I was too busy being cold. We stopped in China town so we did more souvenir shopping there. After that, we go to Ground Zero. It was kinda sad and depressing because there were pictures of 9-11 everywhere. Then we walk and see that building from Men In Black.. the headquarters or whatever. We took a ferry to Staten Island and I was able to see the beautiful Statue of Liberty! We couldn't go onto the island where Lady Liberty was because it was closed =( but I got to take pictures of it from far, so it's ok. So then we take the SUBWAY back to Times Square.. go to the hotel I think? We go back to the hotel, decided that we wanted to eat some sushi.. so Jonathan and I found this really nice sushi place called Ruby Foo's. It was just really different from all the other places we've been to. The food was great, the dessert was great.. I'm definitely going back there the next time I'm in NYC. We were all exhausted from our long day, we all just sleep back at the hotel.

I woke up early again on Sunday because we were supposed to stand in line for Aida tickets at the box office.. but we couldn't watch it anymore because the show was too late and Jeremy had a flight to catch. Jonathan Jeremy and I stand in line at tkts where they sell broadway show tickets for 50% off. We get 3 front mezzanine tickets for RENT for only $48 each! Then we go to the Cathedral of St Patricks to attend mass. Again, another beautiful church. We go to the gift shop because Jeremy had to get something for his cousin, then Jonathan Jeremy and I runnnn to the hotel to get our bags ready and check out of the hotel.. then runn again to the RENT theater. The musical was great.. I really enjoyed it. After that, we rannnnnnnn again back to the hotel (7 blocks away), try to get our bags ASAP because Jeremy really needed to be at the airport.. but they lagged with our baggage.. blah. Jonathan's aunt and uncle pick us up from the hotel, we try to get to the airport as fast as possible.. but we kept hitting random traffic here and there.. finally we get to the Delta Airlines Terminal and the people right away said "no" to Jeremy and told him that he missed his flight.. 10 minutes later, they actually try, but they were JUST closing everything up, so he could have made it! They said the next available flight for Jeremy, if he wanted to use his mom's frequent flyer miles, wasn't until APRIL! haha.. so we said ehhh and rushed over to JetBlue. Jonathan and I checked all our bags in, and luckily, Jeremy was able to get a plane ticket with us! The problem was that it costed $250.. double what Jonathan and I paid. While Jeremy was waiting, he meets this Japanese chick who wants to borrow his cell phone.. she was pretty, and Jer kept flirting with her.. she ended up giving him a kiss on his cheek when he left. So when we were about to go through the gates, they tell Jeremy that he was RANDOMLY selected to be secondary searched! haha.. he just kept getting shitted on. Ok so we ate.. killed time before our flight.. then finally took off at 830pm! The flight was regular again, this time I slept most of the time.. 5 out of 6 hours. We arrived in Oakland 1155pm (oakland time) where my mom picked Jonathan and I up. Back at home, we just crashed.

ok the end. you must have been really bored if you read all of that.

No comments: