Sunday, February 29, 2004

It's great to have friends you've known almost your entire life..especially when youre able to act and talk the way you want to their own family members as if they were one of your own.

So I took that from Jeremy's xanga, and he's soooo right. My weekend was well spent with the greatest friends I will ever have.. it just sucks that Lisa couldn't be with us. But anyway, like always, my weekend started Thursday night when Jonathan came over. We practically just spent time at the library researching for some projects we have and then watching Friends. Friday was another day of class and I got my midterm back for my Psych Stats class. But anyway, back in San Jose, Jonathan and I headed over to the Martin Luther King library right after dropping Sherilyn and Ellison off because Jonathan still needed books. After that, we went to Valley Fair and got my paycheck. I was pretty satisfied with it. My manager asked me to work that night, and since I didn't have anything to do til midnight, I agreed.. so Jonathan and I killed time before work by shopping and depositing my check. After work, we hung out at Jonathan's apartment until Jer came to pick us up. We headed over to the Oakland airport because Hansen was arriving with his girlfriend, Iliana. Grandma, Grandpa, and Abby were there too. So at 1am, we all ate an early/late breakfast at Denny's and went back home around 3am. Saturday morning, Jonathan and I watched Friends until he had to go to work. Later that afternoon, Jer, Hansen, and Iliana come by my house, then I drive us all to Oakridge since Hansen hasn't seen all the new stuff there. Of course, I did more shopping at Hollister and AE. Jer and Hansen wanted stuff from Hollister, so we go to Valley Fair to use my discount. After that, we pick up Tessa from her friend's house, hang out at QCup for a while, chat it up with Hansen's grandparents and aunt about when we were all young bucks at MHT, kill time before Jonathan got out of work at Jer's house by watching "Family Guy", then finally meet up with Jonathan and Joel at my house. There, we did some more talking and we finally leave for Emeryville at midnight for Joel's birthday get together at Mike's apartment. We played circle of death and then Mike and I played this high/low game. After that, I was just feeling queasy and I couldn't stand up anymore so I slept on the mattress thing with Charissa.. haha. Then I find myself sleeping on Joel's sleeping bag or whatever and Michael pours water on my jeans.. I was freezing, but I didn't really care. Gross, and then I ended up barfing into a trash can. Anyway, Jonathan told me that we didn't come back home til around 6am.. eek

I stole this from nate.. haha.. wow I look like shit!

It was nice being around more of the MHT extended family. This morning, I felt like craaaaap. It was the worst feeling in the world. I didn't get out of bed until around 2 or 3pm because that's how crappy I felt. Jonathan cooked me "breakfast", and I felt a little better after that. We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening watching more episodes of Friends until my mom came back from her trip to L.A. and when my cousins came over and got loud. After that we went to my aunt's house to do the rosary.. bought poster board at somewhere I forgot.. and now I'm here, bored because Jonathan's not here to entertain me. I'm supposed to be working on my projects and doing homework, but I just don't have the energy right now.. tomorrow I'll get crackin, for sure.

But anyway, despite the worst feeling I had this morning, my weekend was great because I spent great quality time with Hansen and Jeremy.. and got to know Iliana, who is really sweet and nice and cute.. and because I have a boyfriend who loves me and takes care of me even when I have "jungle hair" when I wake up in the morning.. and because I have a great understanding mother who has always guided me through EVERYTHING.. and just a great family overall. All of those people are my family, even if we aren't all blood related. We're family because we're able to do and say ANYTHING around each other without worrying about what they're thinking of you because they tell you straight up. We're family because we go out of the way for one another without expecting anything back. We're family because we take care of each other even when we're in Washington DC, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and San Jose. We're family because we can reminisce about our childhood and then just laugh about it. and lastly, we're family because no matter how much we can piss each other off at times, we're able to move on and love each other nonetheless; we accept each others flaws and we never resent one another. We stab each other in the front, as Hansen would put it. Anyway, I love you guys.. I've learned so much this weekend by just hanging out and even by just thinking at home by myself. Go MHT!!! (and I mean all of YOU because you all know how close we still are even if we don't talk every day or hang out every weekend like we used to)

OH and a Happy 19th Birthday to my Joshie!!!! (2/28) who probably won't be reading this since I changed my blog address.

No comments: