Wednesday, February 25, 2004

So the Lenten Season begins...
This will probably be the first time in my 18 years of life that I won't be going to church to get ashes. I mean, 1st through 8th grade, ashes were guaranteed since MHT always had liturgies, and even 9th through 12th grade, since ND also had liturgies every year. However, I no longer attend a Catholic institution, but I'll go to church on Friday right when I come home to good ol' San Jose. So, I have a few Lenten promises that I'm going to try and do for the betterment of myself and my life:

1. To not be too materialistic (i.e. cut down shopping, once/twice a week is way too much.. just bc money doesn't grow on trees, and I know that now).
2. To eat at "healthy" times (Jonathan and I have a habit of eating REALLLY fat foods at 1am).
3. To not be resentful towards anyone, no matter what.
4. To REALLY stick to my academic goals (sticking to the schedules I make for myself for assignments so I'm not stressing the last minute)
5. To not be too dependent.

No comments: