Sunday, February 22, 2004

I had a great weekend! Let's recap. Thursday evening, Jonathan came to Santa Cruz! We were gonna go to Border's to study (bc I had a midterm and he just had to study) but we got lazy and just studied in my dorm. Later on we watched "Friends" then I studied some more. Friday morning, I headed to class while Jonathan continued to sleep. Class was regular then we headed home to San Jose! We started watching Season 2 of Friends until I had to go to work. Work was regular.. folded clothes while listening to the music.. had small convos with fellow coworkers, etc. Jonathan picked me up and we started watching more episodes of Season 2 of Friends until we decided to go to bed.

Saturday morning, while Jonathan was at work, I cleaned my room and started packing for a little road trip to San Luis Obispo for Mardi Gras weekend and also to visit my Diana! People were supposed to come with Jonathan and I, but then didn't... but that didn't matter because it was fun with just us. Jonathan bought a medium pizza for himself and a bag of crazy bread for me.. and he wonders why he's been gaining weight. So then our 3 hour voyage began.. I ended up sleeping for about an hour.. but ANYWAY, we arrived at Cal Poly around 7ish and saw Diana's dorm. We did a lot of hanging out then went downtown to eat at a place called Firestone something.. my ABC burger was good. Diana asked, "why is it called an ABC burger.. there's Avocado, Bacon, and JACK Cheese?" She had a good point, but I think it would have sounded stupid if it was called an ABJ burger. So anyway, we did some more hanging around but with Maria, Emilio and Di's friend Cel. Finally, we headed to where the party was.. too bad they started partying toooo early so the cops already broke up all of the commotion before midnight! It was pretty crazy though.. we saw the SWAT team coming in on a jeep or hummer or whatever.. and the cops were wearing face masks bc they were throwing tear gas at people.. and they were also shooting people with rubber bullets. The street was covered with broken alcohol bottles bc people started throwing bottles and rocks at cop cars. There were also cops on horses that were blocking the roads, and they chased people who tried to go through. Anyway, let's see what else.. there were hella girls all ho-ed out.. you know, so it would be easier for them to flash boys for beads. I heard so many guys yelling, "show me your titties" to just anyone.. it was kinda funny. Oh yeah, it was raining too, but I think that made things more exciting since the party was going on outside. There were hundreds of college students just walking around drunk and making out and saying "let's have sex tonight".. it was pretty crazy! Oh yeah, and one last night, when we (Diana, Jonathan, Cel, Maria, Emilio, and I) were returning to the car, we heard/kinda saw people having sex in the bushes.. they were moaning and everything. Hmm.. oh yeah.. the WORST part of the night was when we had to take this secret way to enter the party street and we had to walk through MUD!!!!!!!! My pink boots got sooo dirty.. goodness =(. Ok so after the whole Mardi Gras in the street party thing, we headed to Diana's friends' hotel room, which was really a conference room. There were 12 of us, so we played 4 or 5 games of Mafia.. it was quite fun. Finally at 3am, we decided to go back to the dorms and sleep.

Jonathan and I had to wake up early this morning bc Jonathan had work again, so we had to be home. I ended up sleeping practically the entire way home to San Jose.. sorry Jonathan! Back at home, we both plopped our bodies on my bed and slept until he had to go to work. I went to sleep again and woke up when I had to get ready for work. I made a quick detour to Hampton to feed my hungry bf, then I got gas, and went to VF. Work was regular again.. folded.. talked.. blah blah. There's school for me tomorrow =( but it's ok bc it's payday on friday =).

happy 20th birthday joel (on the 19th)! happy 19th birthday my dear lorelei (on the 21st)!!

No comments: