Monday, April 05, 2004

Lopez family reunion
Ok so maybe it wasn't an actual reunion, but I have been spending a lot of time with my Lopez side a lot lately and it has been great. I almost forgot how much fun I used to have with my cousins.. so much fun. I've been going to PJ and Neneng's house almost everyday to pray the novena and stuff. Friday night was my aunt's vigil and they did a great job with singing "A Song For Mama" with the guitar and the piano. Saturday morning/afternoon was my aunt's funeral. My cousins and I sang at the burial site. I'm going to miss my aunt a lot, and I'm also going to miss my cousins because I'm not going to see them everyday like I have been seeing them. And things with my dad have been great. I am so glad that he finally grew up after all of these years, but it does hurt sometimes when I see him because I miss the time when he and my mom were still married. But they've got a better relationship now than when they were married. Hmm what else.. I saw a whole bunch of my nieces and nephews!

School
Jonathan and my mom dropped me off in Santa Cruz just now. I'm feeling a little homesick because even though I had classes last week, I did not spend a night here in Santa Cruz (due to everything that was going on last week and because my class on wednesday did not start until this week). Oh well, thank goodness I only have a 3 day school week. I will be back home Thursday night.

Work
I was scheduled to work Saturday, but I had Joyce cover for me because I was at my family party after my aunt's funeral. Good thing I didn't work that Friday night because they worked til 7am!!! Sunday I worked til 230.. blah.

Monterey
My dearest boyfriend has been wonderful this past week. He's been helping me through this family thing and he has been telling me to think positively with the situation my dad is in right now. Anyway, he dropped me off at school Thursday morn.. I went to class from 12 to 6.. and he WAITED the entire time! Ok so we had dinner at school with Sher, Ryan, and Mich.. and we finally headed to Monterey. We didn't go there for any sort of occasion.. just for the hell of it I guess and because he wants to take advantage of his Hilton Hotels discounts. So anyway, we check into Double Tree (it was really beautiful) which was right on the wharf.. then walk around downtown for a while. We grab a "snack" at Taco Bell, then go back to the hotel and watch "Win A Date With Tad Hamilton".. aww it was so cute. We played some card games then fell asleep. It took us forever to get up.. but we finally did. We walked around the wharf, got some clam chowder, planned to go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (but didn't bc we were lazy), went shopping in the souvenir shops, then headed home.

Cache Creek
Well I didn't go again, but the bf and Jeremy did along with the bf's friends. So I stayed home SATURDAY night with my mom.. it was great though. I love my mom. So yeah, Sunday morning at 8am, Jonathan comes home, climbs into bed with me, then starts snoring away.. so that was when I woke up. The next time I go to Cache Creek won't be for another 2 years because they changed the age already, effective today.

Church
There were babies all around Jonathan and I on Palm Sunday. We got to church late and left church early and while we were in church, there were babies distracting us. Jonathan kept making faces at them.. and there was one point where this baby boy stands in front of us and starts yelling at us.. haha. Oh babies. Speaking of babies, we also visited Jonathan's downstairs neighbors today and their newborn baby! His name is Logan and is only a week old.. ahh he is soooo cute. Today for the FIRST time, Jonathan talked about having kids.. TOGETHER.. haha. I thought it was funny because he can never talk about those kinds of things.. it makes him nervous or whatever. Just face it Jonathan, we're gonna end up together =). Oh yeah, and we went out for SUSHI right after church.. I can't even remember the last time he took me out for sushi (not counting new york).

hmm... oh yeah, I also went shopping a few times.. I got a Costco card.. oh yeah and I forgot to mention that last last week, I took out my navel ring and my tongue ring.. so I got no more piercings! Ok.. back to the dorm life (until Thursday). I'm so weak, I already miss my mom and my sister and Jonathan and just HOME. I'm seriously gonna contemplate whether or not to live here in Santa Cruz, or to just commute whenever I have classes, bc right now, dorming is a waste of money bc I'm only here 3 days out of the week.. and it's not even a FULL 3 days! ok bye.

No comments: