Wednesday, October 04, 2006

City Love

So after school yesterday, I drove to San Francisco and visit him. We were both kinda hesitant because it's been a longgg time since we've had our own time together (seriously I can't even remember the last time)... and we had just kinda established our "break." It was originally because I wanted my camera, but we both knew it was an excuse. I told him that I just really wanted to see how he's been living his life over there--and he said that that sounds better and he would take me around.

The drive was long, but it went by quick just knowing I was going to see him. I called him and told him I was outside... parking in SF sucks ass! So after playing with Maddox and hanging around Dominic's place (where he's been staying) we WALKED to this sushi place. The most expensive sushi dish at the sushi bar was $1.95!!! So I grabbed whatever I wanted to try.. haha. Plus, I was hungry from a long day at work. We also tried some warm sake--a first time for both of us. Man, I only had two "shots", and I was feelin it already. But after a while the slight buzz went away. I guess from all the sushi I had to eat.

We walked back and saw this lady feeding some feral cats. They were soooo cute and friendly . She told us that there are a few of them who feed the cats each night who just chill on this hill thing near someone's house. So we walked some more back to Dom's and I was about to head home even though I didn't want to since it was getting late and I had a long drive ahead of me. He told me to just come inside for a while. We started watching last week's episode of Nip/Tuck on his laptop since Dom doesn't have cable there, and he saw how tired I was getting. He knew I couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't drive that long way home at night after walking and sake and a long day at school... so he told me to just stay the night. It was something I wanted to hear, but again, I was scared. I began to get confused again, but I changed into his sweats and let it flow...

We were laying down in Dom's living room while I was looking at his sketchbook for one of his classes. Very cute. He also showed me more of his projects. Even cuter. Then I was watching him work on this helicopter project--I wish I had his homework! It's fun but not easy! Watching him work on this project made me realize, "Damn. This art stuff is hard!" I totally underestimated the amount of time it takes because I thought art = easy, but nope. Earlier that night, he also showed me the bus he takes to school and work. He doesn't ever have to drive his car which is kinda good but bad because it takes longer. When he was done with his project, I was already dozing off behind him. He put on "V for Vendetta" and I just slept. I woke up when he was done watching, we snuggled, and everything felt the same--maybe even better.

Morning came and the bright sun was shining through the big living room windows. We were both lazy to get up, but he had class to go to and I had home to go to. Finally, we got up and I dropped him off at his class. We kissed "good night" (not good bye) and my fun ride home singing to slow jams by myself to my ipod began.

I've been home for 7 hours now and I can't stop thinking about him. I feel like I'm a teenager again with a new crush. I guess I'm just really happy because I got my man back. Myself yesterday was a total wreck and now--good. I know I was saying how we both needed a break, but we're already so far from each other (well not really that far), and I don't see why we can't still keep doing our own thing and being with each other when we have the time. Not being 5 minutes away from each other anymore is the true test. No more being too dependent on the other. Actually, going and being in San Francisco, I saw what he had to do first hand. No more of me assuming that he's just slacking off doing stupid stuff. He just stays at Dom's place all day, work, and homework. Stupid me for not trusting him.. but sometimes you just have to see for yourself. He even texted me while I was in class to make sure I was home. He has his key again. He still has my camera (which was the initial reason why I went there). It is not over. I told him he won't regret it. We love each other and that's all that matters. Once my car situation is "fixed", there is no doubt that I am going to visit him more often. Especially when he finally finds a place!

I love you, Jonathan.

No comments: