Friday, March 11, 2005

New job here I come!

Thursday, March 3, 2005
I skipped school for the whole day (the day of my last post). I had a lot of free time on my hands and decided to apply for a job at macy's. I went to macysjobs.com and found 4 that interested me: intern at macys in sf, sales at vf, sales at oakridge, and sales at eastridge. So I did the online application thing, and sent my cover letter and resume that morning. A few hours later, I get an e-mail for an interview for the sales positions at vf, oakridge, and eastridge!

Monday, March 7, 2005
I go to my interview after class at Oakridge. It was a group interview with 5 other people, so it wasn't bad at all. They told us that if we wanted to work at the other malls, that we only need to go to one group interview, and they'd forward our applications. Anyway, I go and grab a pizookie with Jonathan and Joel at BJ's, and 30 minutes after I leave my group interview, I get a call for a second interview that same day! So I met with James, the hiring manager I guess, and had a one-on-one interview. I was a little bit nervous, but it wasn't bad at all.

Wednesday, March 9, 2005
I was taking a nap in my room and my mom started screaming my name. I thought I was in trouble when I went into her room, but she made me listen to a message on the answering machine. It was Stephanie, the Clubhouse and Juniors Department manager at Oakridge offering me a job! yay! I call her back, and we schedule to meet that same day for me to sign a job offer letter. I had so much fun talking with her, and she got me hyped up about working there at Macy's. Although I wanted to work at Valley Fair instead, Oakridge is fine by me. She gave me a choice of being in the Clubhouse or the Juniors Department. Well, I didn't know what the hell Clubhouse was, but she explained to me that it had better brands, and was for an older crowd, but not too old, blah blah blah, so she places me and I sign the job offer.

Today, March 11, 2005
I have to go to the Macy's at Eastridge to fill out paper work.. so hopefully I start next week! yay! I can't wait to use my discount and shop shop shop!

As for Hollister, I still work there, but if I do not get a raise any time soon, I am quitting OR I can just work once a week so I can still have the discount =). So even though I skipped school the whole day last thursday, at least I was productive and scored a job at one of my favorite places! If you didn't know, going to Macy's is one of my favorite pasttimes because as a kid, I went there at least once a week with my mom or grandma to shop shop shop! haha.. so now you know where I get it from. Ok that's it. bye readers!

No comments: