Wednesday, March 30, 2005

March 26, 2005

So I was at Abby's cotillion having fun with friends and family, and then suddenly my mom went rushing home, only to tell me that my Grandpa Fidel just passed away at the hospital. She actually left to go and see him. If you all didn't know already, my Grandpa Fidel, who is technically my great uncle (my grandpa's brother-in-law), was in the hospital for a whole month. I visited him twice with my mom and sister, and the last time I saw him, he was in pain. I held his hands just wishing for God to take his pain away because it broke my heart seeing him like that. My cousins and I thought he was going to recover and go back home, but God decided that it was time for him to go. The good news is that he is no longer in pain, and in the stupid hospital, but the bad news is that he left his humungo family behind.

Tonight was the rosary, and I decided to give a short and spur of the moment eulogy and talk about my grandpa in front of family and friends. The moment I stood behind that podium, this feeling went rushing throughout my body, and I started crying without even saying anything. I was surprised that everyone actually understood what I was saying because I was crying the whole time. Anyway, I am glad that I was given that opportunity to speak about my grandpa. I'll never forget his laugh or his smile. He was always happy and always telling jokes, so he will be missed.

Papa Fidel, watch over us now that you are in heaven and rest in peace. We love and miss you.

No comments: