Thursday, September 30, 2004

Presidential Debate #1

Luckily, right after my class that ended at 5:45, the teacher who taught the class after (a class that I am not in) decided to show his students the Presidential Debate during the whole class. Mehgan was in the class, so she sat next to me, while Jonathan was sitting on my left. It was an interesting experience being in the 500 person lecture hall and the giant overhead screen projecting the debate on msnbc. Anyway, if you know Santa Cruz, it's full of liberals. That is a problem for me because I grew up in a conservative home, with a conservative mother and a hardcore conservative grandfather. My grandpa was a politician himself. But anywayyy.. because of that, I am strongly beginning to become a conservative myself. I think the debate tonight was alright. Bush could have done better, but I think both candidates did a great job with defending themselves. I just wish some of the people.. or actually, most of the people, knew proper etiquette. Screaming profanities at the screen doesn't do anything people.. you just look like more of a dumb ass. I didn't appreciate when I was trying to listen to Bush talk, a student would yell out "Shut the F up Bush" or "You're a Jackass". That's another reason I like conservatives, they don't act like wild crazy animals! Ok ok.. this is getting a little boring now. I'm no hardcore republican or anything, I just believe in a lot that party believes in, and I think Bush is a good president. If you disagree, just shut your mouth, because knowing you liberals, you'll probably say something filled with a whole bunch of cuss words. Unless you have something positive to say about Kerry. I'm sick of those people who say that they're voting for Kerry because Bush is dumb. First of all, I don't care if you think Bush is dumb, and second of all, if you really had that much confidence in the person you were voting for, you would have AT LEAST one good thing to say about them! Ok I'm getting carried away now. Sorry.. I'm just really into this year's Presidential Campaign. So again, I don't need your opinion if you're just gonna be mean! Ok bye my readers, you obviously care about what I have to say if you're still reading this.. har har har!

Oh yeah! Something random.. I brought Jonathan with me to Santa Cruz today because I got an e-mail from our FSA and it said Jasmine Trias from American Idol was gonna be at the Fall reception.. So of course the bf and I wanted to see her. But we fell for their trick to try and get more people to go! Good job to whoever thought that up! I should have remembered the fact that American Idol 3 people are on TOUR right now, so there is no way she could have been there at UCSC anyway! Ok that's it.

No comments: