Friday, March 30, 2012

I love my job, but TGIFF!

TGIFF--I've been saying this every Friday of my 8-to-5-Monday-through-Friday life... and it never gets old. Please don't ask me what the other "F" stands for because I'm sure you can figure it out. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but we all need a break sometimes, and that's why I looOOOoooOooove the weekend.

Anyway, I can't help but think about how happy I am at my new job because it's more than just a job, it's a motherfreakin' career. I've been on this career path since 2008, and I am FINALLY right where I need to be. What exactly do I do? I do legal marketing for the largest labor and employment law firm in the world (loud and proud!). This means I help positively market my firm and the attorneys within my firm, which entails a lot of researching, writing, planning, collaborating, socializing, showing off, and thinking - 7 things I already love to do on the regular. ;) I'm part of a large marketing team that spans across the U.S., and I work with 3 managers to support all of the offices in California and the Pacific Northwest, including our headquarters, San Francisco... phew! When my sister asks me what I do, which she asks me about once a week, I tell her that I pimp attorneys. It's true... We help make our attorneys look good and sell their business to top-notch clients. Shoot, I think I'm going to copy and paste that description in my LinkedIn profile now.

One part of my job, that I absolutely looooooove, is event planning. I'm currently prepping for 3 events next week in San Francisco, Seattle, and Anchorage. Come on, stress, bring it! Until then, I can't wait lay around in my pantulog and watch my favorite shows on my 46-inch for the next two days.

No comments: