Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day 2005

So I was practically suffering the whole day, 6 hours to be exact, because that's how long it took for Jonathan to FINALLY answer his phone! I woke up at 740am, but I had to be out of the house by 8am to be on time for my politics class. So while I was in the shower, I thought how pointless it would be for me to be late for an hour and ten minute class in Santa Cruz, so intead of rushing to get ready, I showered for a good 20 minutes. Anyway, I called Jonathan to wish him a Happy Valentine's Day, but he didn't pick up. I assumed he was still sleeping. 9am rolled around, and I was worried because he had a class at 9! So I called, no answer. At around 11am, I called him again because that was the time he was supposed to be out.. NO ANSWER OR CALL BACK! So I called again at noon.. still no freakin answer! At 2pm, to my luck, HE FINALLY ANSWERED but said "I'll call you later.. bye." At this point, I'm already crying my eyes out because I thought my boyfriend was ignoring me for valentine's day!!!! Anyway, he finally showed up at my house and gave me a chocolate rose, balloons, card, and "valentine's day in a box." In the little box he put together, there were LOTS of reeses, hugs, and kisses, a DVD we could watch, some popcorn, and mac n cheese. It was such an adorable idea. We didn't end up watching the DVD, but he did cook me some mac n cheese. He was so adorable when he was making it, even though he made a FAT ASS mess in the kitchen! We spooned and watched TV, and I went with him to his 7pm class! hahaha. It was pretty cool actually. Afterwards, we went to Mercado and watched "Hitch" which was a very good movie by the way! The night finally ended with hugs and kisses! So there was no lavish dinner or anything or a big expensive gift, but I wasn't really looking for any of those anyway (that's what my birthday is for.. in 4 weeks!! hint hint).

Anyway, for you lovers and couples out there, how many of you know the history of Valentine's Day? Ok, well I'm not in the mood to share all that I know, but basically.. Back in the day, wayyy back in the day, Emperor Claudis II of Rome decided to ban all marriages because he decided that single men are better soldiers than husbands. So Saint Valentine decided to not listen and secretly conducted wedding ceremonies. People sent each other little treats because it wasn't right to show public displays of affection. Anyway, Saint Valentine was sentenced to death, and while in jail, he cured a girl of her blindness. She fell madly in love with him, but couldn't save him. On the night of Saint Valentine's execution, he managed to leave a little note for the girl that was signed "from your Valentine." Blah blah blah, more stuff happen, and the greeting card industry decides to get mucho involved!

On another note, I was a great daughter and sent my mommy red, pink, and white tulips. My sister also got a baby turtle from her Jonathan, and we named it Marble. It's really cute.


Ok that's it. GOOD NIGHT MY READERS!

p.s. Jonathan is the best boyfriend in the world! and he's mine!

No comments: